Given that the beginning of a New Year is supposed to be about reflection... and the Playstation Network is down... I'll share some of my favourite things this year.
- Twitter has been excellent to me this year. Lots of entertainment and information. Here's some accounts that have been my favourites for 2015.
- @FioraAeterna - "assembly dork, GPU compiler dev, JRPG fangirl, and terrible punster"
- Jordan Rose a.k.a. @UINT_MIN, works on Swift at Apple.
- John Regehr, @johnregehr. Professor at the University of Utah, also runs the fantastic blog Embedded in Academia
- @spun_off - "I am “C lawyer #1” in Dan Bernstein's favorite anecdote. Ask me for my version, it is much funnier."
- The always magical @baconmeteor and @pinboard, who I have lauded before.
I really enjoyed working through Charles Stross's Laundry Files. Highly recommended.
I took a bit of a plunge into comics this year, getting a Marvel Unlimited subscription in the last four months of the year. I've really enjoyed a good chunk of what I read... and gave up on pretty much anything I didn't like.
Ms. Marvel (2014): Kamala Khan is great. I wish she had a huge back catalogue I could mainline... but alas, introduced in 2014, I'm up to date, insofar as Marvel Unlimited is concerned.
The reasonably self-contained story of Captain Marvel that ran from 2012-2013 was really well done.
I freaking adore The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
Jupiter Ascending. No. Seriously. Incredibly fun. Just fun. Purely about fun.
That movie about the Force and stuff.
Sea-doo. Turns out... lots and lots of fun.